Study Guide Part 2 (Weeks 6-10)
Instructions: Using what youâ€™ve learned from the lectures + reading in this class, fill in the blanks and answerÂ ALLÂ questions on the outline in aÂ DIFFERENT COLOR. In order to earn any points, the outline must be complete, meaning every question is answered. Any blank questions will earn 0 points for the entire outline.
Carbohydrates in Health and Disease
1. Carbohydrate, primarily as ____________(type of sugar), provides energy to the body. Blood __________levels are maintained by the hormones ____________ & ____________.
2. When blood ___________ increases, _____________ is secreted, which allows ____________ to be taken into the cells.
3. When blood ___________ decreases, _____________ is secreted, which allows ____________ to be released from the _______________.
4. Insulin is produced by the __________________ of the ___________________.
5. Diabetes is characterized by _______________________. This occurs either because insufficient _____________ is produced or because of a ________________in the bodyâ€™s sensitivity to it.
6. High blood glucose levels from uncontrolled diabetes damages tissues of the _______________, ______________, _______________, _______________, and ______________ and can lead to ___________________, ___________________, and ____________________.
7. People of __________________, __________________, and __________________ decent are at greater risk for Type 2 diabetes
8. Describe the difference between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes? (How does each type develop? How is insulin involved? Etcâ€¦)
9. Complete the following with blood values associated with normal, prediabetes, and diabetes:
|HbA1C (%)||Fasting Blood Glucose (FBG) (mg/dL)||Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT) (mg/dL)|
10. What are 6 risk factors for Type 2 diabetes?
11. What are the 5 risk factors for Gestational diabetes?
12. Diabetes can be managed by ______________, __________________, and _________________.
13. How does exercise help with diabetes management?
14. Dietary recommendations for people with diabetes include a well-balanced diet with a focus on healthy carbs and fats. Name a few examples of each:
a. Healthy Carbs:
b. Healthy Fats:
15. Maintaining a healthy body __________________ with diet and exercise is recommended for people with diabetes.
16. What does it mean to eat consistently?
17. What are the two best strategies for diabetes remission?
18. Hypoglycemia is low blood glucose. In healthy people, it can be treated by ____________________________, ________________________ and _____________________.
19. __________________ in your mouth produce ____________ when they digest carbohydrates, which can lead to dental caries (cavities).
20. Diets high in _________________ may reduce the risk of heart disease, high blood glucose, bowel disorders, and colon cancer.
1. Lipids are a group of organic compounds, which do not dissolve in water. The 3 types of lipids are ____________________, ____________________, and ____________________.
2. Name 2 sources of the following fats: – Animal fats: ________________________, _________________________ – Plant fats: ________________________, ___________________________
3. ___________________, commonly referred to as fat, are the type of lipid that is most abundant in our food and in our bodies. They are made up of a molecule of __________________ with three _____________________ attached.
4. Fatty acid chains may differ from one another in the number of carbons in the chain and the type of bond between the carbons. This bonding gives particular characteristics to each type of triglyceride. Fill in the following table about the 5 types of fatty acids:
|Type of fatty acid||Structure at room temperatureÂ (liquid or solid)||Double bond characteristicsÂ (how many, where are they?)||Food sources (at least 2)|
5. Fats become rancid when exposed to _________________. To protect fats from becoming rancid, food manufacturers use the process of ___________________, which takes _________________ fatty acids and makes them more __________________. This process creates ___________ fats.
6. Phospholipids contain a ____________ molecule with two ____________ and a _________ group. They can mix in both water and fat. __________________ is the most common.
7. Dietary cholesterol comes from ______________________________________________.
8. Bile is produced in the _________________ and stored in the ___________________.
9. Describe the action of bile:
10. Triglycerides are broken down into ______________________ and ______________________.
11. In the small intestine, products of fat digestion form ____________________, which allow lipids to be absorbed. Inside the mucosal cell, contents of fat digestion are incorporated into a __________________________, which enter into the _____________ vessel.Â (see Fig 5.9 on page 124 for help)
12. Lipoproteins are lipid transport molecules which contain a coating of _________________, _______________, and ________________. This allows lipids to transport around the body.
13. Describe the following lipoproteins by filling in the chart.Â (see Fig 5.11 on page 127 for help)
|Type of lipoprotein||Where do they come fromÂ (where are they made?)||What are they carrying?||Main function?|
14. Which essential fatty acids are used to make eicosanoids that INCREASE inflammation, blood clotting, and blood pressure? _______________
15. Which essential fatty acids that are used to make eicosanoids that DECREASE inflammation, blood clotting, and blood pressure? ______________
16. Describe the process of atherosclerosis and how it may lead to a heart attack or stroke. (What are the roles of immune cells and LDL, how does plaque buildup?)Â (See Fig 5.16 on page 133 for help)
1. What are 5 risk factors for heart disease?
2. What 2 TYPES of fatty acids increase risk for heart disease? Give one FOOD SOURCE for each.
3. What 2 TYPES of fatty acids decrease risk for heart disease? Give one FOOD SOURCE for each.
4. To decreased heart disease, we should _______________ LDL and __________________ HDL.
5. Fill in the following tables about blood cholesterol:
|Total Cholesterol Level||Category|
|Less than 200 mg/dL|
|240 mg/dL and above|
|LDL Cholesterol Level||Category|
|Less than 100 mg/dL|
|100 â€“ 129 mg/dL|
|130- 159 mg/dL|
|160- 189 mg/dL|
|190 mg/dL and above|
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!