1.Research Question (1pt)
1) Develop a clear, specific, sociological research question that will investigate the relationship between two social phenomena/behaviors/facts.
2. Conceptual and Operational Definitions (5pts)
2) Clearly identify the variables in your research question
3) Identify which variable is your independent variable, and which variable is your dependent variable.
4) Provide a conceptual definition for each variable. (i.e. similar to dictionary definition)
5) Describe what ‘type’ of variable each variable is.
6) Provide an operational definition for each variable. (i.e. how the variable is going to be measured)
3. Hypothesis (1pt)
7) Develop a hypothesis for your research question – a statement of what direction you believe the relationship between your two variables will be.
4. Questionnaire Construction (3 pts)
8) Develop 5-10 closed-ended questions (*for groups: 10-15 questions)
a. Some of these should measure basic socio-demographic characteristics (i.e. age, race/ethnicity, gender, SES)
b. The rest should be indicators for your variables
c. These should be constructed based on the ‘type’ of variable you are measuring.
9) Develop 2-5 open-ended questions for to help measure your variables (* for groups: 3-7 questions)
a. This is going to help provide some rich qualitative information and serve as a check for the internal validity of your close-ended questions
5. Sampling Design (2 pts)
10) Describe your population, sampling frame, and method
11) Describe your sample
6. Administer the Questionnaire (1 pt)
12) Have 3-5 people complete your questionnaire. (*for groups: 10 people per person)
a. This may be done face-to-face where you ask the questions, the respondent answers, and you record the information
b. This may be done via a form that people fill out (i.e. it could have been sent to some friends/family via email or handed to them in the kitchen)
c. When asking people to complete the questionnaire, you need to inform them that it is voluntary, and their identity will be kept confidential
i. Do not put a place for name on the questionnaire
6. Compile the results of your questionnaire into a table (1 pt)
13) This provides you with a simple count
14) *For groups only: consolidate data and consult with professor by Week 6 about data analysis.
7. Analyze the results of your questionnaire (see chapter 12) (3 pts)
15) Provide descriptive statistics (counts) of the responses
16) Identify trends in the data results
17) Conduct a chi-square test (optional)
18) How do these results help you to answer your research question
8. Peer-Reviewed Article (3 pts)
19) Find 1 peer-reviewed article that is related to your research question.
20) Briefly describe the article (thesis/research question, hypothesis, methods, findings)
21) Compare and discuss the methods and findings of the article to your own small study
9. Discussion (4 pts)
22) Briefly summarize the research purposes, methodologies, and key findings (in a non-statistical manner) of your study
23) What are the strengths of your study and findings
24) What are the weaknesses of your study and findings
25) Discuss implications for future research on your research question
10. Reflection (1 pt)
26) Briefly discuss what you learned about research methods through this assignment.
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH BEST CUSTOM WRITINGS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT