Classroom Images and Play Remember to look at the resources included in the recommended resources section of the course as well as further resources within our library. Think about the diversity of t
Classroom Images and Play
- Remember to look at the resources included in the recommended resources section of the course as well as further resources within our library.
- Think about the diversity of the children you work with or will be working with. Utilize an example here that will apply to your future work with children.
- Think about in what ways the information from chapters three and four can be combined and integrated into a classroom or center. Again, make your strategy and explanation meaningful to the diversity around you.
- This is going to take knowledge of the various cultures of the children in your care. How ca you can that information? Then, how will you incorporate your knowledge as a leader?
- This is an open ended question because it is important that the conclusions you draw are meaningful to your career and future as a leader in the field.
Classroom Images and Play
“One of the most common elements of childhood across cultures is play” (Rettig, 1995, p.1). Have you ever wondered how can you incorporate meaningful play into yourwork with children that encompasses the different cultural backgrounds of your students? In this discussion, we will look at play around the world and discuss how we can encompass a global view of play in our work with young children. To begin, view the photo story below that shares some beautiful images of children around the world playing.
Play Around the World (Links to an external site.)
Next, choose one of the articles below to read:
- Option 1: Perspectives of play in three nations: A comparative study in Japan, the United States, and Sweden (Links to an external site.)
- Option 2: Play in the kindergarten: the case of Norway, Sweden, New Zealand and Japan
- Option 3: Child and Mother Play in Three U.S. Cultural Groups: Comparisons and Associations
Initial Post: Based on your textbook, photo story, and article (from the table above), address the following:
- Synthesize your view of play around the world using at least two scholarly sources.
- Examine how different cultures view the role that play should have when it comes to the early childhood classroom by providing at least one example.
- Discuss how cultural values regarding play fit within Bronfenbrenner’s ecological model (Figure 1.3 in the text) and how it influences child development and play. Include at least one evidenced-based and developmentally appropriate strategy that can be used in the classroom to explain your thinking.
- Analyze how family involvement in play differs by culture and explain how can you support these differences as a leader in the field of early childhood education.
- Explain at least two conclusions can you draw about the influences of culture and family support on children’s play.
Cote, L. R., & Bornstein, M. H. (2009). Child and mother play in three U.S. cultural groups: Comparisons and associations (Links to an external site.). Journal Of Family Psychology, 23(3), 355-363. doi:10.1037/a0015399
· This article investigated child and mother play among South American Latino immigrants, Japanese immigrants, and European Americans in the United States
· Izumi-Taylor, S., Samuelsson, I. P., & Rogers, C. S. (2010). Perspectives of play in three nations: A comparative study in Japan, the United States, and Sweden (Links to an external site.). Early Childhood Research & Practice, 12(1). Retrieved from http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ889717.pdf
· This article discusses findings about differences and similarities in perspectives on play among early childhood educators in Japan, the United States, and Sweden
· Synodi, E. (2010). Play in the kindergarten: the case of Norway, Sweden, New Zealand and Japan. International Journal Of Early Years Education, 18(3), 185-200. doi:10.1080/09669760.2010.521299
This paper discusses the kindergarten curricula of Norway, Sweden, Japan and New Zealand in terms of whether they recommend or suggest teachers unify play and pedagogy by employing a pedagogy of play.
Rettig, M. (1995). Play and cultural diversity (Links to an external site.). The Journal of Educational Issue of Language Minority Students, 15. Retrieved from http://www.ncela.us/files/rcd/BE020476/Play_and_Cultural_Diversity.pdf
· This article looks at the relationship between play and cultural diversity
· Vandermaas-Peeler, M. (n.d.). Cultural variations in parental support of children’s play (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from www.wwu.edu/culture/Vandermaas-Peeler.htmnsertArticleCitationHere
· This article looks at the differences in how parents support play in different cultures
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH BEST CUSTOM WRITINGS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT