Reading and critically analyzing academic research in journal articles is an important part of learning and applying scholarly research for multiple applications within your discipline. The first four
Reading and critically analyzing academic research in journal articles is an important part of learning and applying scholarly research for multiple applications within your discipline. The first four weeks of this course discussed the various components of research design. Your final assignment is an academic research-article critique. The purpose of this critique is to ensure that you know how to read and critically assess research for use in your own research, understand social problems in society, support decision making in public policy, or to influence one’s own individual research.
For this final assignment, read and critically review one of the journal articles listed below:
- “Experiences of Intimate Partner and Neighborhood Violence and Their Association With Mental Health in Pregnant Women”
- “An Investigation of the Influence of the Spatial Distribution of Neighborhood Violent Crime on Fear of Crime”
- “Military Service and Lifetime Arrests: Examining the Effects of the Total Military Experience on Arrests in a Sample of Prison Inmates”
- “Gender Differences on the Road to Redemption”
- “Afterschool School Triathlon Training for 11- to 14-year Old Girls: Influences on Academic Motivation and Achievement”
- “The Effect of Social Support, Gratitude, Resilience and Satisfaction with Life on Depressive Symptoms Among Police Officers following Hurricane Katrina”
- “Economic Sanctions and the Dynamics of Terrorist Campaigns”
- “‘Gimme Shelter’: The Role of Democracy and Institutional Quality in Disaster Preparedness”
- “Subcultural Boundary Maintenance in a virtual community for body modification enthusiasts”
- “A Snapshot on the Daily Sedentary Behavior of Community Dwelling Older African American Women”
- “Institutional Factors and Processes in Interagency Collaboration: The Case of FEMA Corps”
Next, apply the methods detailed in Using a Scientific Journal Article to Write a Critical Review (Links to an external site.) to critique the article you selected. At a minimum, the critique should include the following information:
- Introduction (about two pages): Summarize the article you chose, including the purpose of the study, the methodology utilized, the results obtained, and the conclusions drawn by the author(s) utilizing questions posed in the reading. Utilize questions posed in the “Analyze the Text” section of Using a Scientific Journal Article to Write a Critical Review (Links to an external site.) to develop this section.
- Body (about five pages): Highlight the quality of the research article (both the strengths and weaknesses) as expressed through each section of the paper (i.e., introduction, methods, results, discussion, overview). Use questions posed in the “Evaluate the Text” section of “Using a Scientific Journal Article to Write a Critical Review (Links to an external site.)” to develop this section. Follow the “Evaluate the Text” prompts and include the following:
- Critique whether the researcher used the appropriate and ethical application of research methods in relation to their research goals.
- Assess whether the application of quantitative methods approaches, qualitative methods approaches or a combination (mixed methods) was appropriate in the article research.
- Interpret data and empirical findings in the research through an assessment of the strengths and weaknesses.
- Examine the role of the research design in the article by defending or critiquing the research method based on your assessment.
- Support the impact of the research by determining if it benefits social policy, theoretical knowledge, or both.
- Conclusion (about three pages): Discuss the significance of the research. Utilize questions posed in the “Establish the Significance of the Research” section of Using a Scientific Journal Article to Write a Critical Review (Links to an external site.) to develop this section.
The Academic Research-Article Critique paper
- Must be 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH BEST CUSTOM WRITINGS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT