Assignment: Excel (100 points)
Read the brief case below. Using the Excel spreadsheet provided, complete the questions.
Downtown Office Supply
Downtown Office supply is a small family owned store in a small suburb. In order to maintain and grow the business the owners want to do some analysis to see how their sales are doing. Management wants to see how the company did last year and make some decisions about what products to keep along with staffing for busy times of the year.
Instructions:Â In the Excel spreadsheet provided, complete the tasks below. Upon completion you will submit a single, completed, Excel workbook. (No Google Sheets files, nor Apple Numbers files, nor external links to files â€“ such as Onedrive or CometMail — will be accepted.)
1. Setup the spreadsheet with proper formatting and formulas so it can be presented to management. (10 pts)
0. Change the tab called â€œQuarterlyâ€ to â€œQ1 – Quarterlyâ€ and move the tab to the first position.
0. Add a column to calculate the total for each product. Use the SUM function.
0. Add rows to calculate the Total, Average and Median sales for each quarter. Use the SUM, AVERAGE, and MEDIAN functions.
0. Format the title at the top so it stands out. Add distinct formatting to the column and row headings. Format the data in the cells to show currency.
0. Format the total sales column to have a green background.
0. Create a bar chart showing for each product (a) the total sales for the year and (b) the proportion of the total contributed by each quarterâ€™s sales. This should be shown in one. You should have 1 bar for each product. Add a title to your chart.
1. Management would like to decide whether they should discontinue any products. Any product which has had 50% less sales over the previous year should be discontinued. Are there any products that they should discontinued? List the product(s) and your recommendation in the worksheet. Which 3 products had the highest increase in sales? (15 pts)
1. Change the tab called 2017 vs 2018 to Q2 â€“ 2017 vs 2018 and move the tab to the second position.
1. Add a new column to calculate the percentage change from 2017 to 2018. Percentage change is computed using the following formula: (current year salesâ€”last year sales) / (last year sales). Represent the numbers as percentages.
1. Calculate the total, average, and standard deviation for each year.
1. Format the title at the top so it stands out. Add distinct formatting to the column and row headings. Format the data in the cells to show currency.
1. Use conditional formatting to highlight the Percent Change cells that have a negative percent change in red.
1. Use conditional formatting to highlight the top 3 cells that had the highest increase in green.
1. Create a pie chart showing the contribution of each product to 2018 total sales. Make sure the percentages are displayed on the chart and the product names are displayed in the legend. Add a title to the chart.
1. Which product was the highest contributor in 2018? (write the answer directly into the worksheet).
1. Management would like to predict sales for next year using an increase estimate that they can change. (15 pts)
2. Change the tab called Quantity Sold to Q3 â€“ Quantity Sold and move the tab to the third position.
2. Compute the 2019 estimates for each group using the following formula: [2018 quantity sold + (2018 quantity sold * the increase estimate)]. The increase estimate is shown in cell B7.
2. Change the increase estimate to .10. The values should change automatically. When you create the formula you need to use an â€œabsoluteâ€ reference: =B3+(B3*$B$7)
2. Format the title at the top so it stands out. Add distinct formatting to the column and row headings. Format the data in the cells to be whole numbers.
2. Create a chart showing the distribution of quantity sold in 2018 for each product category. Add a title to the chart.
1. Use the data in the sheet titled â€œRaw dataâ€ to calculate the profit for each product category and product subcategory (ability to drill down). (15 pts)
3. Create a new worksheet titled â€“ â€œQ4 â€“ Profit by Categoryâ€ and insert a new pivot table for the data in the sheet â€“ â€œRaw Dataâ€. Move the worksheet to the 4th position.
3. List the total profit for product categories and subcategories in this table
3. Format the numbers to reflect the â€œ$â€ symbol before the figures and 2 decimal places.
3. Change the column headings to be meaningful.
3. Add a meaningful title to the worksheet at the top and center it across the pivot table.
3. Use conditional bars to highlight gains and losses.Â
3. Add another column to the pivot table display the profit or loss as a percent of the total.
1. Management would like to know their busiest month for sales. (10 pts)
4. Create a new worksheet titled â€“ â€œQ5 -Sales by Monthâ€ and insert a new pivot table for the data in the sheet â€“ â€œRaw Dataâ€. Move the worksheet after Q4 worksheet.
4. List only the months in the 1st column and the sales in the 2nd column. To do this click on one of the dates.Â Then do a right mouse click to display a menu. Click the Group option. Another menu will display. Click on Months and Quarters.
4. Sort the sales in Descending order.
4. Format the numbers to reflect the â€œ$â€ symbol before the figures and 2 decimal places.
4. Change the column headings to be meaningful.
4. Add a meaningful title to the worksheet at the top and center it across the pivot table.
4. Use to conditional formatting to highlight the top month for sales in green, the bottom month for sales in red.
4. Next, add a filter at the top so that you can filter out product subcategories.
1. Management would like to know â€“ what is the split in terms of profit, across the Product Categories, for each quarter. Use a Line Chart to show the numbers. Rank the Product categories in terms of profit. (15 pts)
5. Create a new worksheet titled â€“ â€œQ6 â€“ Qtr. Profitâ€ and insert a new pivot table for the data in the sheet â€“ â€œRaw dataâ€. Move the worksheet after Q5 worksheet.
5. List all the Product Categories in the 1st column.
5. Split the Quarter across the categories [ Hint: Drag the Date field in the â€œColumn Labelâ€ area] .Â To group the date by Quarter â€“ Click on the date field. Next, right mouse click to display a menu. Click the Group option. Another menu will display. Click on Months and Quarters.
5. Add the profit by category and quarter. Format the data in currency format.
5. Add meaningful column labels.
5. Add a meaningful title to the worksheet at the top and center it across the pivot table.
5. Select the Pivot Table and Click on Options> Pivot Chart
5. Insert a Column Chart of your choice.
1. One useful function of spreadsheet software is the ability to change input values and see the impact on outcome variables. For example, you can change sales projections and see the impact on net income. Excelâ€™s Scenario Manager makes performing these sorts of sensitivity analyses much easier. Goal-Seek Analysis Scenario Manager helps examine how changes in input values impact outcome variables. To perform this analysis, go to the Data ribbon and select What-If Analysis, then Goal-Seek. (15 pts)
6. Change the title of worksheet â€œProfit Analysisâ€ to â€œQ7 – Profit Analysisâ€ and move it after Q6 worksheet.
6. Answer the following questions directly into the worksheet:
1. What do sales need to be to reach 100,000 in net profit?
1. What does the profit margin need to be to reach 100,000 in net profit?
1. Prepare your analysis for a presentation to management by creating a Title Page with a Table of Contents. (5 pts)
7. Create a new worksheet and move it to the beginning. This worksheet should list the contents of the workbook along with the purpose of the workbook, the current date and the name of the person who created the workbook. Be sure to have titles for each of these.
7. Make each list item a hyperlink to that particular workbook. For example, in the table of contents you will have an item titled â€œQ1 – Quarterly Salesâ€. Create a hyperlink to link to that particular workbook.
7. Move the Raw Data to the last position.
7. User proper elements to add the file nam
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!