Page 1 of 4
STUDENT DECLARATION FORM FOR MINI PROJECT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Never share or post the mini project answers for any purpose.
2. In case of technical problems, inform the Lecturer immediately through the HCT Email or through chat message in MS Teams.
3. Send the scanned SIGNED COPY of this Declaration Form along with the mini project answers to the Lecturer. The Lecturer will
NEVER mark any mini project files without this signed Declaration Form. [If printer is not available, write this Declaration Form in A4
paper and affix the signature.]
4. Upload the MINI PROJECT FILES ALONG WITH THE DECLARATION FORM through the submission link in e-learning. NO
EXTENSION WILL BE GIVEN. Failure to submit the answer will result to ZERO mark.
5. Always abide by the College Academic Integrity and Honesty Policy found at
S T U D E N T D E C L A R A T I O N
I, (Student’s Name)…… …………….……………………………………………… with (Student’s ID): ……………. of …………….
(Level)………………….. and who belongs to (Section)……… of the (Course
Code/CourseTitle)………………………..…………………………………. offered by the (Department)………. department hereby
declare that my submission of Mini project is a result of my own original work.
I also understand that plagiarism and cheating are offenses that can lead to disciplinary action and MARK OF ZERO, as the
case may be.
Signature: …………………………………… Date (dd-mm-yyyy): ……………………………….
HIGHER COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
Semester: 1 A. Y.: 2020/2021
Course Code ITDB201
Course Name Web Application Development 1
Page 2 of 4
1. Create a folder in your Wamp Server root directory and name it as “SET F-YourFirstName” (Eg: SET F-Ahmed).
2. Create a dbscript-YourID.sql file (ex: dbscript-16J123.sql) to write the script for the database and its associated
3. Import the dbscript-YourID.sql in the MySQL database server for creating the database and its tables.
4. Create PHP Forms and other supporting resources as stated below.
• PHP Forms (Login Form, Logout Form, Main Form, Course Form, dbconnection Form)
5. You must write the codes to access the database using PDO methods only.
6. Test the completed PHP forms via ‘localhost’.
7. Paste the screenshot of the table structure and the screenshot of the PHP Forms (webpages) in a word document
8. Upload your compressed folder through the link provided on the e-Learning portal.
Assume that you are the PHP Web Developer in Queen’s hotels in Sultanate of Oman. The hotel assigned you the task to
develop a database driven PHP Application. The system should store the details of the staff and the hotel rooms. A satff can
login with the registered username and password. After the successful login, the staff will be able to view the hotel rooms and
add new rooms.
As the first step, you can work in the back end. Follow the instructions given below.
1. Create an SQL file and write appropriate SQL scripts to create the database, user and its associated database
tables as given in Table 1 and Table 2.
1.1 Create a Database: hoteldatabase
1.2 Create user and grant privilege to the created user in the database server for the created database. You have to give your
own name for the user and your college id as the password.
1.3 Staff Table
Table Name: Staff
Column Name Data Type Constraints
number Number Primary Key, Auto increment, Size: 5
password Character Any size as you wish
1.4 Room Table
Table Name: Room
Column Name Data Type Constraints
id Number Primary Key Auto increment, Size: 5
roomcode Character Any size as you wish
roomtype Character Any size as you wish
facilities Character Any size as you wish
Page 3 of 4
1.5 Insert the details of any 3 staff members in the staff table.
1.6 Import the script file in the database server, so that the database will be physically created at the back end. This will help
you to store the faculty and courses details with its attributes.
2. Once the backend database development is over, you can create and design the client side interfaces (PHP Web Pages) to do
the tasks as stated in the scenario. Here, you can use your creative ideas to design the interface (as you wish) with any
appropriate controls for the user input. You can use textboxes, radio button, check box, drop-down box or anything else as
you wish to accept the user input values.
2.1 Create a PHP form for the connection string, to ensure the database connectivity and data manipulation.
2.2 Login / Logout 4 Marks
No Question Marks
2.2.1 Create a PHP form ‘login.php’ and write the appropriate PHP script for the successful
login with the Email as the Username and Password as stated in the Table 3. The login
details entered in this form must be validated from the appropriate database table. Use
any appropriate button to handle the login.
Required Controls or Input Fields for the Registered User Login
Give any suitable title for the login form
Email (User name) Use email as the username
Password The password input field must be protected due to the
Redirect the user to main.php after successful login. Otherwise, show appropriate login
2.2.3 Create a form ‘logout.php’ and write the appropriate script to redirect the user to login
page. While you design the Main.php, you should give a logout link anywhere in the
main.php for the user convenience. The user must perform the logout from the Main.php
2.3 Add rooms 4 Marks
No Question Marks
2.3.1 Create a PHP form ‘room.php’ and write the appropriate PHP script for adding the
room with inputs as stated in the Table 4. The following tasks must be done using
an appropriate button. The room details must be stored in the appropriate database
Page 4 of 4
Required Controls or Input Fields for Adding new Courses
Give any suitable title for the course form
Room Code Use any appropriate control
Room Type Give a drop-down box or similar control to select the
value from the list.
A sample list of room types are given here for your
1. Single room
2. Double room
3. Deluxe room
4. Suit room
From the room type field, a staff should choose any of
the above items.
Facilities Use any appropriate control
The Room Code must be in the given format (nnnXXXX), as per the following
• The room code contains 3 numbers (between 0 and 9) followed by
4 characters (capital letters between A to Z).
Otherwise, show any appropriate message.
All fields are mandatory in the room form. Otherwise, show an appropriate
message to enter all the fields. [1 Mark]
Redirect the current webpage to main.php when a new room is successfully added
into the database.
2.4 Main 2 Marks
No Question Marks
2.4.1 Create a PHP form ‘main.php’ and write the appropriate PHP script to view the
added room details. The room details must be fetched from the appropriate database
Note: Main form will be empty without any records for the first time before adding items into it.
2.4.2 Insert a button in the main page to open the room.php form. [0.5 Mark]
1. After completion of the mini project, save your files and close.
2. Before upload, check the following items in your folder:
2.1 Filled and signed [scanned copy] of the student declaration form.
2.2 PHP Forms, Dbscript-YourID.sql, screenshot of the table structure and the screenshot of the PHP Forms (webpages) in
the word document file.
3. Compress your folder and upload in the E-learning portal without delay on or before 10-12-2020.
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.